3.16.2011

Taggart Family Irish Soda Bread

Okay so, I have no Irish recipes...I am totally unprepared for St. Patrick's Day. My very good fried Joan said that I could post her families amazing recipe for Irish Soda Bread. Now, we all (and I do mean ALL...the guys included) LOVE this time of year because we know that Joan will be making these. There is usually a fight or two over who gets the last piece. Her soda bread never lasts too long in a crowd. I usually hide mine from Billy but this year I was nice and even gave half to my mom..who ate her's in a record 24 hours.

Taggart Family Irish Soda Bread

4 cups flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 8-inch round pans. Mix sugar and butter until smooth. Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; blend well. Add buttermilk and raisins and mix. Pour into pans evenly. Cut an "X" in the batter. Sprinkle four on top of the batter and bake for 45 minutes. Makes 2 loaves.

Thank you Joan!!
XOXO








Joan and I at the
Bergenfield St. Patrick's Day Parade
2009

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...