8.09.2011

My Top 5 Places to Eat....

As you know, I am very picky about my restaurants. VERY PICKY!! Food is food...but awesome food is an experience. I have said this a million times, I don't care if the place is cheap, fancy, close to home, or a 2 hour drive. I don't mind paying $300 for a meal, as long as it knocks my socks off. There is nothing worse than paying for food that you walk away wishing you never ate. My thing is, a restaurant has to be consistent.
We don't eat out a lot, but when we do...it is only to a few "Arge Approved" places. Here are my top 5.

5. Yuki Hana - Little Ferry, NJ
Okay, Yuki Hana is a little, upscale hole-in-the-wall and just happens to be the only place that I will eat sushi at. I don't know what it is, but their sushi is just unreal. My suggestions - Rock Shrimp Tempura, Lobster Tempura Roll, Beef Yaki Soba, Fuji Roll.

4. George's Place - Cape May, NJ
Every time we go to Cape May, we stop at George's, usually for breakfast. I love, love, love George's. The food, the photos of his kids on the walls...everything. You seriously can not walk in there and not smile. Plus I love when owners work at their own restaurant. My suggestions - Bananas Foster French Toast, Waffle Nutella, Tiramisu Waffle.

3. PF Chang's - Hackensack, NJ
Okay, okay, okay...I understand that this is a chain restaurant BUT I have never had a bad meal there. Whether it was eat-in, take-out, at the bar, it was always good. Plus, I never said that this was the top 5 restaurant list of the Tri-State area. These are my favorite places to eat. That being said, PF Chang's has become the only place that we will eat Chinese food from..lol! My suggestions - Chang's Spare Ribs, Steamed Pork Dumplings, Mongolian Beef, Dan Dan Noodles.

2. Telly's Taverna, Astoria, NY
What restaurant list of mine would be complete without a Greek restaurant! I love Telly's. I love Nana, the owner, I love the food, I love the atmosphere. Their tzatziki is the best I have ever had. In my opinion, if you want awesome Greek food, it's worth the trip to Queens. My suggestions - Greek Salad, Grilled Baby Lamb Chops, Fried Zucchini and Eggplant, Grilled Octopus.

1. Frankies Spuntino, Brooklyn, NY
Billy and I had gone to Frankies for a birthday party. The atmosphere was charming. The front of the restaurant looks like an old school brownstone complete with a courtyard with small bistro tables in the back. The food just blew me away. Everything we have eaten there has been phenomenal. It is perfect for little romantic dinners, showers, girl's nights. I know people hear Brooklyn and think its too far away. But honestly, our drive only took about 20 minutes and we are coming from New Jersey. My suggestions - Antipasto with an assortment of meats, cheeses, olives and crostini, House-made Cavatelli with Faiccos Hot Sausage & Browned Sage Butter, Meatballs with Pine Nuts & Raisins.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...