11.14.2011

Thumbs down to Magnolia Bakery













Well what a disappointment!
I have heard so many people just talk and rave about Magnolia Bakery...I even have their dessert cookbook. And while everything looks amazing, the actual product leaves a lot to be desired.
The story goes like this.....Billy and I went to Carnegie Hall for the NY Comedy Festival to see Bill Burr. As we were driving home through Manhattan, by chance, we drove by Magnolia Bakery. Billy pulled over, I got out and went inside. I was star-struck by all the cupcakes, cheesecakes, brownies and bars that were displayed on the counter. I ordered 2 yellow cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting (Which was WAY too sweet. So sweet in fact, that it hurt my teeth), 2 Snickerdoodle cupcakes with meringue frosting and a peanut butter brownie.
We got home...opened the box... and tasted the treats inside the box. STALE! Ummm...seriously? This is MAGNOLIA BAKERY!! So there we were, standing in my kitchen with $20.00 worth of stale cupcakes and a stale peanut butter brownie. What a waste! So a huge thumbs down to Magnolia Bakery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...