8.23.2011

The Food Foo Foo at Biggie's in Carlstadt

Biggie's has become my new favorite place to eat. A few weeks ago we were on our way to another restaurant for dinner and we passed Biggie's on Rt. 17. I asked Billy if he wanted to go there instead. We had passed it a hundred times before but never stopped. Carlstadt is their 3rd location. There is one in Hoboken, the original Biggie's, and one in Asbury Park. In addition to the restaurant, Biggie's is also a raw bar, with the most delicious calms on the half shell that I have ever had.
This past visit to the restaurant, we ordered a 1/2 dozed clams and the Thai Coconut Shrimp, since I love spicy food and was craving these! Billy's clams came out first and were out of this world. I love clams but hate when they are chewy. These were not. I mean, we have eaten at some pretty fantastic seafood places but Biggie's clams are the best I have ever had. My shrimp followed shortly after and were nothing less than perfection. Just the right amount of sweet and spicy. For dinner, I ordered Seafood White, which was one of the specials and Billy ordered the Parmesan-Crusted Flounder with sauteed spinach. I am not a big fish eater but I love their flounder. It is always moist and very mild flavored. My seafood was delicious. It had in it shrimp, clams, scallops and mussels in a lemon butter wine sauce.
I think what I like most about Biggie's is consistency. Their food is always good. To me, that is probably the most crucial thing in the restaurant business. The staff is also very friendly. Our waitress remembered us....I love that!
Big plus...every Wednesday is Badge Night for First Responders. 10% off your food bill!! The bar always has a ton of specials going on and an extensive beer list. It's just an awesome place to go and chill. So if you are ever on 17 and are in the mood for awesome seafood, great drinks and a terrific atmosphere..check out Biggie's!






Biggie's Restaurant, Raw Bar & Tavern
430 Route 17 South
Carlstadt, NJ 07072
http://www.biggiesclambar.com/Home.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...