8.09.2011

What are we, after all, without our memories......

For my wedding, I had printed and framed scanned copies of old family wedding photos. Surprisingly, my dad thought it was one of the greatest parts of my wedding. I remember him standing at the table, picking each one of the frames up and staring at the photos inside. There was a picture of his parents, my mother as a flower girl at age 4, my grandmother as a flower girl in 1927. To me, it was like having family, who have since passed on, there with us in a way. It was honoring their love and commitment to each other just as Billy and I had done earlier that the day.
The photos have since taken up permanent residence in our home, framed and hung on the wall at the top of our stairs. They are a piece of my past and of my heart.

My mother's aunt Anna and uncle Frank on their wedding day. On the left are my great-grandparents, Marie and Joseph.

My grandmother on her second wedding day, October 31, 1955. Aunt Julia and Uncle Frank are in the background.

My grandmother and my mom, 1948. She was a flower girl. The dress was turquoise. I always found that fascinating.

Billy's grandfather Oscar and his grandmother Charlotte.

My grandmother, bottom left, as flower girl, 1927.

My great-grandmother, Marie, on her wedding day, circa 1915.

My great-grandparents, Marie and Joseph.

My grandparents, my dad's mother and father, Argero and Konstantinos.

Memories from my wedding....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...