3.02.2015

Butter Poached Chicken with Peppers and Kasseri Cheese

Okay....let me start out by saying - I hate peppers. HATE peppers. My hate for them is right up there with radishes and lettuce. 
With that being said...my husband and I took a ride to my parents house yesterday, in the snow, for dinner. When my dad got home, he called me in to the kitchen and started to show me how to make this chicken dish. I admit, I did not have high expectations for this especially because it only has 6 ingredients...none of which are garlic or onions. Plus it has peppers...green, red and yellow peppers. Who wants to eat that?!?! 
So...45 minutes later, our chicken dish is done. My dad, being all proud, tells me that I could take pictures of it, if I wanted to (he's so cute sometimes). We sit down, he serves us, and the first words out of my husband's mouth are - Oh wow! 
And he was right...OH WOW! It was one of the best things I have ever eaten. And remember from earlier....I hate peppers! LOL! 



Butter Poached Chicken with Peppers and Kasseri Cheese

1 whole small free-range chicken, cut up
1 of each green, red and yellow pepper, chopped
1 - 15 oz can crushed tomatoes, plus 2 cans water or enough to cover the chicken 
4 oz fresh Greek butter or 1 1/2 sticks regular butter
1 box tubitini pasta
Salt and ground black pepper 
Freshly shredded Kasseri cheese

In a large pot over high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook in the butter until slightly brown. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the chopped peppers, crushed tomato and water to the pot, cover, lower the heat to medium and continue to cook for 30 minutes. 
Remove the chicken and set aside. You may need to add a little more water to the pot.
Add the tubitini to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pot, cover and turn off the heat. The pasta will continue to cook in the pot. Let it sit for another 5 to 10 minutes. 
Sprinkle some Kasseri cheese on a large serving platter. Pour the chicken and tubitini over the cheese. Top with a little more cheese and serve! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...