7.25.2011

Ginger and her tennis ball...

I was cleaning out the back of my truck the other day and I found a bag of brand new tennis balls. I took the balls out of my truck and put them in the garage. I can't even remember why I had a bag of tennis balls to begin with. But anywho....later that night, Billy came home and we were getting ready to grill in the back yard. Ginger was out with us, as usual since outside on the deck is her favorite place to be second to the chair in the den under the skylight. We were tossing Ginger's football around and she was chasing after it and I remembered that I had the tennis balls in the garage. I asked Billy if she would even play with a tennis ball and he said yes. So I grabbed one from the bag and threw it to Ginger who thought that this was the greatest thing ever. She happily ran back and forth with it, smiling and shaking her butt (remember, she is a boxer with no tail). I don't remember the exact details about what happened after that, all I know is the ball ended up inside and very soon after...under the entertainment center. Ginger had forgotten about it in the days that past until Saturday night at about midnight. Billy and I were watching TV and Ginger started pawing at the space under the entertainment center. Billy and I looked at each other and he says "It must be her ball". She tried for a few minutes more then gave up laying down in front of the entertainment center, head down, staring at the ball. About an hour had gone by and Ginger suddenly got up and started crying as if she had to go out. We both knew that she didn't since she had been out already not too long ago. Again, we looked at each other and I said "Is that for the ball again?" Billy replied "It has to be". So I got up, got down on my hands and knees and retrieved the tennis ball for Ginger. What she did next just shocked me. She didn't push it with her nose and run after it, she didn't chew it, she didn't give it to me or Billy to throw it.......she left it where I had placed it on the rug and just laid down on her side next to it. I always find it funny when she does things like that. It is almost like the ball was her long lost companion who she just wanted to lay beside and spend some quality time with.


XOXO
Ginger and her tennis ball
7.23.2011

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...