8.25.2009

Funny thing about friendship....

A little over a month ago a picture that I took of my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filled Cupcakes won the Favorite Photo contest on Allrecipes.com. So being a supporting member, I wrote on the message board thanking everyone who voted for my photo. I had never won before but has submitted photo's in the past. Another member had responded asking me about the cookbook I had put together. I am guessing that she read it on my profile. So I wrote back and her gave my email so that I could give her more information about the cookbook. A couple of days later I get an email from someone saying that she lived nowhere near me but would love a cookbook. Like me, she reads cookbooks like others read novels. And that is how my friendship with Carol started.

Carol and I have been emailing each other, sharing stories, recipes, experiences. I love reading her emails. It is funny how someone who lives on the opposite side of the country, someone who I have never met could have touched my life this way. I told my mom this and she said that we probably knew each other in a past life. I can't help but think she may be right. I feel such a strong bond with her like we were friends before. I feel like I can tell her anything and sometimes find myself typing away, telling her how my day was and what I have planned.

I am not sure if we will ever get a change to meet face to face, but I do thank God that she came into my life and that she is a part of me now. I guess friends can come in all forms.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...