8.18.2009

5 cookbooks everyone should own

I can not even count how many cookbooks I own...has to be at least 150.....but there are a few that are my favorites. I have come up with a little list of the 5 cookbooks I think everyone should own.

Pasta Everyway for Everyday by Eric Treuille and Anna Del Conte

This is my "go to" cookbook. It's the bible of all pasta cookbooks. My mom bought it for my dad and I found it one day while at her house for dinner. I admit, I almost stole it from her. I think I spent about 2 hours reading every single recipe. There is every kind of pasta recipe, most with pictures of the finished product. The recipes are easy to follow with sections that include pasta with meat, seafood, vegetables, quick cook sauces and no cook sauces. Every recipe gives pasta suggestions and quick tips. You will never need another pasta cookbook as long as you own this one. I found it on Amazon.com for about $20.00.

Hershey Chocolate Cookbook

Need I say more?

The Semi-Homemade Collection by Sandra Lee


I have all of them. The thing I like about these cookbooks is that Sandra Lee uses a combination of store bought or already made ingredients and then adds things to them. Cooking a dish from scratch is very often not that easy. I would recommend any of these to people just starting to cook since it makes even the most difficult recipes easy. And she has one for just about anything, slow-cooker, barbeque, 30 minute meals, cooking light, desserts...you name it!

Carmine's Family-Style Cookbook by Michael Ronis

Now..we have all eaten at Carmine's at least once. And if you haven't...shame on you! This cookbook is a great classic Italian cookbook. It gives staple recipes like Chicken Marsala and Pasta with White Clam Sauce. Old school recipes like Escarole and Beans and Famous Carmine's recipes (and the reason I bought the cookbook) Chicken Wings Scarpariello with Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce. The BEST chicken wing recipe I have ever had.

Good Housekeeping Best Loved Desserts

The same way Pasta Everyday is the bible of all pasta cookbooks...Best Loved Desserts is the bible of all dessert cookbooks. Everything you need to make any dessert is in this cookbook. Cakes, pies, puddings, crepes, sauces, even souffles. Over 250 recipes. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is in this book. My favorite is the section on Pastry and Pie Dough because to me, nothing beats homemade dough. It beats store-bought everytime! Also, I like the fact that they list the nutritional information for every recipe. I bought this one at Barnes and Noble in the bargain section, believe it or not, for under $10.00.

Try and check them out.....you will be cooking like a pro in no time! Happy Cooking!! =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...