4.20.2015

Edamame 2-Ways



This morning while everyone was still sleeping, I came downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee and a banana bread English muffin. I started straightening up the kitchen and eventually made my way over to the fridge and started cleaning out the freezer. While rearranging some bags of vegetables I found a bag of shelled edamame....you know, the ones that steams in the bag. I have been wanting my 16-month old to try new vegetables so I popped it in the microwave. As they were cooling in a bowl...I decided to salt some up an have a little snack. But then inspiration struck! 

I placed a few tablespoons of edamame into 2 small bowls. One a tossed with Sriracha seasoning and brown sugar and the other with soy sauce and a bit of wasabi powder (next time I'll add some ginger too). 
Both were SO tasty!! 



Edamame 2-Ways

1 steam in bag of shelled Edamame 
Sea Salt
Soy sauce (you can use low sodium if you like) 
Wasabi powder
Sriracha seasoning (it's like powdered Sriracha but you can use regular liquid Sriracha)
Brown sugar 

Steam the bag of a edamame according to package instructions. Remove from microwave and allow to cool. Place edamame into 2 bowls. Combine soy sauce and wasabi powder (and ginger if you'd like) and pour over the edamame; toss to combine.
Sprinkle the other edamame with the Sriracha seasoning and brown sugar; toss to coat.  
Enjoy!!  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...