10.15.2014

Baked Stuffed Mushrooms....plus Baked Stuffed Mushroom Casserole

This recipe is originally from my LFFD Ladies Auxiliary cookbook. I think it's the best stuffed mushroom recipe I ever made. The casserole recipe is a funny story. The other day I decided to cook for Billy and his partner at work. I made my Spicy Italian Stromboli Ring and I wanted to make these stuffed mushrooms. I opened the fridge to get the mushrooms and I realize that they had spoiled. The day before I had gone food shopping with my mom and bought sliced mushrooms.....so I figured why not use sliced and bake them....and voila...Baked Stuffed Mushroom Casserole!



Baked Stuffed Mushrooms

1 lb. fresh stuffing mushrooms
1 stick of melted butter
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup grated Romano cheese
½ cup white wine
1 cup frozen chopped onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove mushroom stems from mushrooms and chop. Place caps on a buttered baking sheet and set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter and white wine over low heat. In a skillet, sauté chopped stems, chopped onions and crushed garlic in olive oil. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parsley and cheese then add them to the melted butter and white wine, then add the mushroom mixture, stir everything together. Mold a small amount on the cap of each mushroom. Bake for 30 minutes.




Baked Stuffed Mushroom Casserole


1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
plus the rest of the ingredients listed above (minus the stuffing mushrooms of course)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a saucepan, melt butter and white wine over low heat. In a skillet, sauté chopped onions and crushed garlic in olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parsley and cheese then add them to the melted butter and white wine. Add the mushroom mixture and stir everything together. Place the entire mixture into a small baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...