2.23.2012

I always come back to avocados....

Rosa Mexicano makes THE BEST guacamole I have ever had. I swear they put crack in it or something because I find myself craving it, no joke, like everyday...which lands us at Rosa Mexicano at least once or twice a week.
Anyone who knows me or who had read my blog knows about my love affair with avocados. A couple of days ago, I was walking around the farmer's market by my job and I saw ripe Haas avocados...4 for $1.00. JACKPOT!! Now what to do with them? Hmmm...Avocado Eggs rolls? Nah..too complicated. Avocado Won Tons? Sounds like a plan to me!!!

Avocado Won Tons with Chipotle Sour Cream

4 large avocados, pitted and diced
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped onion
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and ground black pepper
1 egg white
48 won ton wrappers

In a mixing bowl, toss together the avocados, garlic, onion, chipotle powder and lime juice, Season with salt and pepper. Lay the won ton wrappers onto a clean surface. Add a small dollop of te avocado filling onto each wrapper. Brush the won ton edges with a bit of the egg whites and fold diagonally. Press to seal. In a Dutch oven or skillet (a deep fryer works also), heat peanut or canola oil to 350 degrees. Fry the won tons in batches until golden brown. Once browned, place on a paper towel to drain. Serve with Chipotle Sour Cream for dipping.

Chipotle Sour Cream


1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder

Mix sour cream and chipotle powder in a small mixing bowl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...