2.13.2015

Sauteed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Feta

Let me start by saying that I hate broccoli rabe. I can't get over the bitterness. There are only 2 circumstance where I will eat it....when its in my Hot Sausage Stromboli Bread and this recipe. I first had this at my parent's house when my dad made it as a side for dinner. The heat from the hot broccoli rabe melts the feta. It is SO good!



Sauteed Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Feta

2 bunches broccoli rabe
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 medium garlic cloves, peeled
Salt and ground black pepper
1/2 block good-quality feta cheese, crumbled (I use Arahova or Ipirou)

Remove any tough or damaged outer leaves of broccoli rabe. Remove the thick lower stems. Cut broccoli rabe into 3 sections. Clean broccoli rabe well under running water until all dirt is removed.

Fill a large pot with water. Once water is boiling, place broccoli rabe in the pot and boil for about 5 minutes. Drain broccoli rabe well and set aside. In a medium, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until browned. Be careful not to burn garlic! Add broccoli rabe to the pan and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper, cooking for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove the sauteed broccoli rabe and garlic and place in a serving dish. Add the crumbled feta to the hot broccoli rabe. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...