11.29.2012

LOL....Frontgate Catalog Cover

I have always said that I wanted a "Pottery Barn" house. You know, you flip through the pages of the catalog saying to yourself - who lives here and why doesn't my house look like this?
Well a few years back, they had a house on the cover of their Christmas catalog that had the most beautiful garland with red and silver balls wrapped around the columns and on the front pitch of their porch. So there I was....mouth to the floor. My mission - Make That Garland! So I did. And it looked great since the front of my house looked similar to the house on the cover.
Fast forward 4 years......we are in the farmhouse and it's Christmas. I have columns...no pitch. My first thought was to just put the garland on the columns and hang the 3rd piece over the front door...until we realized that all 3 pieces were attached by Christmas tree lights. Plan B.....since the branches of the garland are wire, just twist a few pieces of each and connect the entire thing! Voila!!! 27 feet of garland around the front door!! Move over Pottery Barn.....

Front of old house with garland -


Front of the farmhouse with garland -




When I posted the picture on Instagram, a friend of mine wrote - Frontgate catalog cover......which coincidentally was the EXACT look I was going for!! Thank you Helen!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...