11.09.2012

Crab and Avocado Salad


Crab and Avocado Salad

4 ripe avocados, cut into chunks
1 cup scallions, sliced (bulbs, white and green parts)
2 lbs jumbo lump crab meat
1/2 red onion, small diced
1 cup olive oil preferably Greek
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a large bowl combine the scallions and red onions. Gently fold in the crab meat and avocado. Add the olive oil and vinegar and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

Footnotes - My dad showed me how to make this and he doesn't measure anything so when adding the oil and vinegar, I go by taste. I add the oil until the salad is just moistened and not swimming in oil. And the vinegar I add until I can just taste it. It shouldn't have an overpowering vinegar taste.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...