1.27.2010

Polenta with Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce

I first made this when my husband and I moved in together. It was a Sunday and I was making it for lunch. He had gone to a drill they were having at the firehouse. I had heard this beeping noise coming from the laundry room in our complex and called it in to the fire department. They came to check it out and I had gone downstairs to meet them. I told my husband that I had made the polenta for lunch. I went back upstairs to check on it and I heard one of the guys say over the radio that Billy’s girlfriend made lunch. It was really cute.

Polenta with Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce

1-16 oz. tube refrigerated polenta, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1- 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
¼ cup dried basil
4 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray an 11 x 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray
Arrange polenta slices in baking dish allowing them to over-lap; set aside.
Spray a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes.
Stir in Alfredo sauce and basil; heat for about 8 minutes.
Spoon the mushroom mixture evenly over the polenta. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Footnote - Serve this with a simple spinach salad and focaccia.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...